Monday, June 22, 2009

red and aqua snippets

I finally got to try the snippets quilts!! It had been on my list for quite awhile, and when Claudia asked for a red and aqua quilt, I thought this would be a great one to try!! I added a couple larger white squares too for a little sketchy stitchy applique, as Claudia had mentioned she really likes that tecqnique as well. This was a fun quilt, and will need to make one for my home now. :)



Tasha had asked in my comments from my last post, how I get so much sewing done. One reason I like doing the mini quilts is I'm able to do more projects, in a lot less time, and I get to try new tecqniques quicker. Most of them I can whip out in one evening after the kids go to bed, and then work on here and there during the day or a following evening to finish up. Though, I need to start getting back to the larger ones, since my other kiddos are still waiting on their quilts.

This week I need to finish up these 3 mini's and send them off to their new homes!!

16 comments:

  1. I like this one a bunch! I would really like to try a quilt in this "random" block placement pattern. I'm getting ready to do a quilt for my brother for Christmas and he's totally "trendy"...I'll bet he would like this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this mini quilt. Great colors, and a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the red and aqua. Keep up the beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is fantastic, love these mini quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I can't wait to see those mushrooms quilted. Do you know how that would wash? I'm wondering if that sketching would work on a quilt that isn't hung.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is adorable. The blue and aqua fabrics you have chosen are just so cute! Beautiful work!

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous!!! I love the little mushrooms,and the all the sweet little animals. Your quilts are works of art...I'm a lucky, lucky girl! I'm going to try and finish yours tonight...and hopefully will have some photos tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is soooo awesome! love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and I love the mushrooms. Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mushrooms and the flower prints... oooh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My six year old has been waiting for his big boy bed quilt for years!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is another darling quiltet to add to your others, I'm thinking I would like to see the Little Sprout one with the binding as I think that might be one of my favorites. I do love the red and aqua fabrics you chose for this one. Kiss my grandkiddos for me as I miss them more than you could imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this quilt! The color combinations is so happy and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!