Thursday, May 30, 2013

the kaleidoscope & new atsuko fabrics!

Since I've been back from market I've been able to start on my Pillow Talk Swap pillow.  I'm doing the kaleidoscope block.  These are such cute scrappy little blocks that are only 4 inches.   If you'd like to make some too, there is a fabulous tutorial for the block from Brooke of Pitter Putter Stitch.


I love foundation paper piecing and the kaleidoscope is really simple yet fun as it has a lovely end result!!  This would be a great one to start with if you've never tried this type of paper piecing.  Really, anyone can do it.  Though like English paper piecing, once you start, you may not be able to stop.  :)


So far I have 9 blocks done and have 7 more to go.  I love how it is looking so far!!


Recently I've had lots of new Atsuko fabrics arrive!!  They are all simply the most delightful fabrics!!   This one below is the Floral Scallop Doilies.










One of my favorite things about having my shop is cutting custom bundles!  I love seeing how my customers put together fabrics from my shop!  Here is one I cut yesterday.  Isn't it pretty!!


I've also found some lovely vintage finds at my local goodwill and antique shop lately.    Finding these hidden treasures is pure joy to me!!  :)  Isn't this deer planter the cutest!  My pincushion now had a lovely new home.


My hubby spotted these lovely Dansk pots when we were at a local antique shop.  I had actually been looking for these and it surely made my day when we found them locally!!!


I've been collecting vintage hankies for awhile now to hopefully soon make a lovely curtain like this one I saw on Pinterest.   I think I may be getting close to having enough.  These ones I found at my local goodwill  this week for only 50 cents each and a pretty red vintage sheet!!   Yeah!!


I hope everyone is having a lovely week!    I'm off to run some errands this morning and then get back to work on some orders.  :)

Hugs,




11 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous quilt!! Also, I just love that deer and those Dansk pots!! Wow, what great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Kerri you get the best things from your local goodwill stores, I'm just green with envy! :) Can't wait to see your vintage hanky curtain, it will be so pretty!! I want to collect some to make a quilt as well :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved your blog for such a long time, I wish I could have met you at Market.. I was there helping a friend in her booth. It was such a fun and crazy experience! How cool that you found the Dansk pots in your favorite color, too!! Love all of the fabrics, and looking forward to seeing your pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sweet blocks and all your pretty treasures!! The planter is so, so cute!! Can't wait to see your curtain!! Have a lovely day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabrics are all so sweet and pretty!! Love your new finds, the planter is soo cute! Can't wait to see the curtain! Wishing you a wonderful day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your vintage pots!!!The fabrics are just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all looking fantastic thanks for the sharing and just keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo! Love that yuwa strawberry bunch!

    I'll check out that link for hanky curtains- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. I just discovered your blog and Etsy shop today. I love your fabrics and handmades!!! I want to do a jewel star quilt and I'm not sure what size paper pieces to order from your shop???/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      Sorry for just seeing this. I have a Jewel Hexagon set. I just relisted it in my shop. I was out of the diamonds for a little bit but now have them all back in stock. Here is the link to the set~

      https://www.etsy.com/listing/95277171/jewel-hexagon-set-large-jewels-2-inch?

      Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet words. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!